|Time in Milford Haven||08 : 11|
8 : 11 am
|Date||Saturday 9th December 2023|
09 / 12 / 2023
|ISO Week and Day||2023 - W49 - 6|
|Day Number||2023 / 343|
- Using the time in your own country and knowing the current UK time ( 08 : 11 ) you may be able to work out the time difference between the UK and home.
- Pembrokeshire and the rest of the UK uses a Summer Time and Winter Time system. We advance our clocks every spring and put them back every autumn.
- In Winter, we use Greenwich Mean Time. Some clocks call this time zone 0 or GMT
- At 02:00 (2 am) on the last Sunday in March, we advance all our clocks by 1 hour. (At 02:00, we reset out clocks to 03:00)
- During summer, (after advancing the clocks,) we use British Summer Time, Some clocks will call this time zone +1 or BST
- At 02:00 (2 am) on the last Sunday in October, we wind our clocks back by 1 hour. (At 02:00, we reset our clocks to 01:00)
- We then remain on GMT until the next March.
- Many Western Europen countries advance and retard their clocks at the same time as Britian - even it they use different time zones. Thus Spain is always 1 hour ahead of the UK, regadless of any clock adjustments.
- Other countries can use different time adjustments, ranging from never adjust the time to time-shifting multiple times in a year
- Although the USA and Canada appear to make similar Winter/Summer Time adjustments they are NOT the same
- Britain advances clocks on last Sunday in March but USA/Canada use the second Sunday in March
- Britain winds back clocks on last Sunday in October but USA/Canada use the first Sunday in November
- The time "Midnight" can be problematic because it may be unclear whether midnight refers to the start or end of a day
- Midnight on Tuesday could meean either 1 hour after 23:00 on Monday or 1 hour before 01:00 on Wednesday
- Opinions vary as to whether the numeric version of midnight should be 00:00 or 24:00
- Timetables sometimes avoid confusion by using an approximate midnight of 00:01 or 23:59
- Dates written as numbers e.g 01/03/2023 can also cause confusion
- In Britain we use the day / month / year format. The date 01 / 03 / 2023 signifies 1st March 2023
- The USA uses a month / day / year format and the date 01 / 03 /2023 signifies January 3rd 2023
- To avoid confusion, dates are sometimes written in a year-month-day format e.g 2023 - 03 - 01 which always signifies 2023 March 1st